Watch Rick Perry's Campaign End Before Your Eyes



Mr. Perry looked for a bit of redemption by having a little fun with himself on David Letterman’s CBS late-night show. He showed up to read a Top 10 list of “Rick Perry Excuses” for his failure to remember, in the midst of the Republican debate Wednesday night, the third federal agency he would like to shut down as president. (It was the Department of Energy.)

The list:

10. Actually, there were three reasons I messed up last night. One was the nerves, and two was the headache and three … um … uh … oops.
9. I don’t know what you’re taking about – I think things went well.
8. I was up late last night watching “Dancing with the Stars.”
7. I thought the debate was tonight.
6. You try concentrating with Mitt Romney smiling at you. That is one handsome dude!
5. Uh, El Niño?
4. I had a 5-hour Energy drink six hours before the debate.
3. I really hoped it would get me on my favorite talk show, but instead, I ended up here.
2. I wanted to help take the heat off my buddy Herman Cain.
1. I just learned Justin Bieber is my father.

Powered by Blogger.